Aug 16, 2014

National Honey Bee Day Get the Real Bzzz

I don't know about you, but I am not a fan of bees. I am actually terrified by them. I swell up like a balloon and itch at the sting of one of those little boogers. I do however realize that the honey bee is very important not just to make pollinate flowers but to allow us to enjoy many of our favorite foods.

Bees play a vital role in our agricultural system, making the care and protection of bees critical to the future of our planet’s food security. In fact, more than a quarter of all plants consumed in the U.S. are dependent upon honey bee pollination for their very existence. That’s how important bees are to our food supply. 

Bayer Crop Science has put together a really neat  Bee Care Program to ensure the protection of quite possibly the most important piece of our food system.
Want to get more information on the honey Bee Care Bzzz? Sign up for the e-news letter.

No comments: